Unable to use Jira Portfolio

frederic.villeneuve January 22, 2018

Hello,

I am unable to use Jira Portfolio stating that users license are exceeded and the license status is incompatible with product license.

UPM is updated to Universal Plugin Manager (v2.22.6) by Atlassian.

Regards,

Fred

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Frederic,

I see you have a ticket in with our Support team regarding this issue and the most recent response was as follows:

Unfortunately, this is expected behavior. Jira will not activate add-ons unless they have a compatible license. For instance if you have 100 Core licenses and only 50 licenses of an add-on it will not work.

What License Do I Choose?

As Atlassian Add-ons are global, the user tier of the add-on must match the user tier of the parent application. For example, if you wish to add JIRA Agile to a JIRA 25 User license, you must purchase a 25 User license for JIRA Agile regardless of how many users will need access to JIRA Agile. If you do not purchase an add-on license that matches your parent application license's tier, your add-on will not function.

All Atlassian download products are licensed for one instance on one server, so you must purchase an add-on license for each instance of the parent application you intend to use it with.

Marketplace Licensing FAQ

If you have any questions about the information provided please update the ticket and once you're done with the Support team let us know the final outcome.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events