Unable to use Jira Portfolio

Hello,

I am unable to use Jira Portfolio stating that users license are exceeded and the license status is incompatible with product license.

UPM is updated to Universal Plugin Manager (v2.22.6) by Atlassian.

Regards,

Fred

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi Frederic,

I see you have a ticket in with our Support team regarding this issue and the most recent response was as follows:

Unfortunately, this is expected behavior. Jira will not activate add-ons unless they have a compatible license. For instance if you have 100 Core licenses and only 50 licenses of an add-on it will not work.

What License Do I Choose?

As Atlassian Add-ons are global, the user tier of the add-on must match the user tier of the parent application. For example, if you wish to add JIRA Agile to a JIRA 25 User license, you must purchase a 25 User license for JIRA Agile regardless of how many users will need access to JIRA Agile. If you do not purchase an add-on license that matches your parent application license's tier, your add-on will not function.

All Atlassian download products are licensed for one instance on one server, so you must purchase an add-on license for each instance of the parent application you intend to use it with.

Marketplace Licensing FAQ

If you have any questions about the information provided please update the ticket and once you're done with the Support team let us know the final outcome.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted May 01, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Demo

We recently launched a brand new Portfolio for Jira demo where you can learn: The essentials for getting started with Portfolio for Jira How to create a realistic roadmap based on your work in Jir...

233 views 0 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you