Unable to create Programs in Portfolio 2.6.0

Hello,

I have updated Portfolio for JIRA to version 2.6.0 and, according to the release notes, Programs have been rolled out. Despite that, I can't seem to be able to create one.

I have read through the documentation and followed the instructions there, but  I can't find the elements mentioned, like the new permissions or the Create Program option.

My UI is exactly as it was before the update and it only mentions plans. All other new features, like the dependency report, are there so I don't think the update to 2.6 wasn't successful.

Anyone had the same issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Roi Fine Atlassian Team Sep 06, 2017

Hi Alessandro,

We released a fix for it on version 2.6.1

Please update for the new version to enjoy the full functionality of Programs.

I hope that helps,

Cheers!

Hi Roi,

versione 2.6.1 fixed my issue completely.

Thanks!

Hi Alessandro,

Just to be clear, when you go to <instance_URL>/secure/PortfolioPortfolioManage.jspa and click 'Create', you don't see the option to create a Program, is that correct? By default, if you are a Portfolio for JIRA user (you configure these permissions in <instance_URL>/secure/PortfolioPermissions.jspa), you should be able to Create a program, and once created, program permissions can be modified. Also, in case it helps, here is the document specific to program permissions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/configuring-program-permissions-934719069.html

Hi Eric,

thank you for your help! In fact, manually using your link I am able to access the page where I can create a program.

What is strange is that in my top bar Menu, inside Portfolio, I don't have any item that links to that URL. I have instead:

• The latest recent plans.
  • View All Plans
  • Manage Shared Team
  • Create Plan
  • Administration

It's as if I have all the functionality I need, but the menu in the top bar has not been updated to reflect them.

Hi Alessandro,

I spoke to one of the Portfolio devs and they believe they found the issue.  They took 2.6 off the Marketplace and they put up 2.6.1.  See if that resolved the issue for you.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

623 views 7 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you