Problems importing Epics into Portfolio

1.When I import already existing Epics into JIRA Portfolio, the Stories are not imported. I am not able to select the dropdown to see the stories that are contained within that Epic.

2. The total estimate for the Epics (a sum of the story points of the stories which make up the Epic) is also not imported. 

What am I doing wrong?

5 answers

1 accepted

Tom the JQL you use for your import should state issuetype=story and when the import window opens tick 'Import Parent Epic'

Jamie

Thanks Jamie. This was very helpful.

I'm having a similar problem in portfolio 2.0.  I am importing the epics, but there are stories that are getting imported that don't show up under the epic link.  They show up as stories without a parent task, but when I go to the actual JIRA, there is clearly the epic link.  

Hey Tommy,

I have generated sample data and below are the step by step process to create and link issues from portfolio into JIRA project.

• Click on Epics Tab to check if you have all epics and issues created.

E1.PNG

• Click on InitiativeS Tab and click on drop down next to Initiative and click on Create and link new issues.
    E2.PNG
  • Select JIRA project and issue types for Initiative/Epic/Stories as shown below
    E3.PNG

Hope this finds helpful

Regards

Chander Inguva

This isn't really my problem. I am having issues importing Epics and the corresponding stories that make up that epic are not showing in Portfolio. I have created a video which will show you the issue I am having. Thanks again for your help! https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pKGmi8H8h2V3U5dTNpeFB3Y1k/view

I have the same issue as Tommy describes and demonstrates in his video.

Essentially, it appears the import doesn't traverse all the sub-issues underneath the selected Epic.

I have the same issue as Tommy describes and demonstrates in his video.

Essentially, it appears the import doesn't traverse all the sub-issues underneath the selected Epic.

Hello,

We have exactly the same requirement. It would much more simplify the import process, when the importer could be able to import related issues as well e.g. by epic -> all contained stories, by story -> the parent epic.

Best Regards,

Mihail

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Dec 01, 2017 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira: Share your tips!

The Portfolio for Jira team wants to hear from you. Share your top tips for building a great Portfolio for Jira plan for a chance to win some Atlassian swag.  Do you structure your teams i...

566 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot