Problem with theme allocation in Portfolio

We're using the latest version of Portfolio with JIRA and I've run the wizard and imported the Epics and Stories from our JIRA instance, but I can't allocate themes now to stories and/or Epics in Portfolio and there doesn't appear to be any way of doing this in JIRA itself.

I've got the Scope view open in Portfolio, but the column under Theme is not clickable, so dropdown of the themes I have set up is visible. As you can see from the screenshot, the area gets a blue border but no dropdown.Screen Shot 2017-06-20 at 16.45.43.png

2 answers

Click on the Reports view to the right of Scope.  The default should be the Themes report, but if not, click Switch Report and select Themes from that dropdown.  You can add the Themes you want here, then they will be available in the Scope view.

Thanks for your reply, but I already had themes setup, as you can see from this screenshot. It worked in the Classic version, so I'm not sure why it's not working now. Bug maybe?

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 09.11.59.png

Hmm, actually try going into Scope view and click the gear icon in the vertical middle of page on the right side, it will display a list of columns you can add.  Look for one named Themes and click it.  If it's not there, can you add a screenshot of what you have in that list?

PortfolioDropdown.png

Epic/Theme, which you have in your first screenshot, is a completely different column.

Thanks. Just tested it and it works now. Not sure what the Epic/Theme column is there for then! :)

More than likely it's a custom field that was added to the plan.  If you go into the plan configuration, via the three dot button next to the plan name and selecting Configure, then clicking Custom fields on the left side you'll see that there along with a few others according to your first screenshot.

Ah, yes. Found it. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Dec 01, 2017 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira: Share your tips!

The Portfolio for Jira team wants to hear from you. Share your top tips for building a great Portfolio for Jira plan for a chance to win some Atlassian swag.  Do you structure your teams i...

560 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot