Possible Bug : Planned capacity shown in Reports Releases

amine benali January 24, 2018

Hello,

I think there is a bug in the display of the planned capacity in Reports -> Releases.

The planned capacity shown is in Days, i think it is calculated by taking all the issues linked to the release then x7 . So the results should be in HOURS not in DAYS.

Any ideas ?

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2018

@Hi @amine benali,

The capacity report unit should match your plan estimation unit, but you need to press the "Calculate" button to update all the calculated values which would include the capacity view and report.

Let me know if that solves the issue for you or if there is more to it!

Cheers,

Thomas

amine benali February 5, 2018

@Thomas,

Even if you do calculate the unit of display changes but the results (numbers) are still in hours. (instead of days when you switch to days). you can test on your side. 

• My week is from Monday to Friday.
  • Estimate an item (in my example 10d).
  • Create a team with a capacity (in my example 80 weekly/h).
  • Create a release (1 sprint = 3 weeks).
  • Go to Reports-> Switch Report -> Releases:
  • The reporting of the capacity shown in DAYS should be in HOURS. (10d estimated x 7h = 70 HOURS not DAYS)
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Hi @amine benali,

For some reasons I was totally looking at the capacity report, thanks for insisting.

I've created an issue here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-2253 to track this bug.

Thanks for taking the time to report this, that's much appreciated.

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events