Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio will not run without an upgrade.

Accounts December 15, 2017

I recently purchased a 10 person license of Portfolio for our web team (4 people). My JIRA is licensed for 250 people. When I installed Portfolio for JIRA and licensed it, it tells me I must upgrade to a 250 person license order to use the add-on. Is it possible to use Portfolio for 10 people when we have a JIRA license for 250? It doesn't make much sense to pay $6600 when only 4 people need the add-on.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

It is not possible to do that.

An add-on for an Atlassian application needs to be licensed to the same level the (highest tier) application is.

It makes perfect sense - you're using 4 people to manage 250.  The 250 might not need some of the front-end functions of Portfolio, but the 4 are absolutely needing the information the 250 generate.

Accounts December 18, 2017

Sorry but I do not agree. Of the 250 licenses we own, 186 of them are assigned. So we are expected to purchase 64 licenses for users that do not exist? Anyway, if that's the way it is we will try to find an alternative. 

Thank you. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2017

All Atlassian products are licensed in Tiers, but that's not really what I was talking about.  All your users are effectively using the add-on product, even if they're not using its front-end.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events