Portfolio: % complete using issue status

We have been using Portfolio for about six weeks and JIRA for years. In our workflow we have a "ready for release" state that is the equivalent of resolved/closed in that we supply the value to the resolution field. I've update all the transitions to this state to use the resolve issue screen and am firing a resolve issue hook on transition. However, no matter what I do, the % complete on JIRA Portfolio only seems to update if I close the issue. I thought that this status was based on the resolution field. Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Is the resolution field using the same colour (Green) just like Closed does within the workflow? Just a guess that, that might be the trigger?

(facepalm) YES! That was it. This status has to be in the done category on the status edit screen. Thanks so much Darren.

Haha, no problem at all buddy :)

Strange that the color is the trigger -- according to the Portfolio progress tracking page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/status-and-progress-tracking-715263088.html#Statusandprogresstracking-Resolved), the resolved field just has to be not empty.. "If the issue is resolved ( Resolution field is not empty), the progress is 100%." when there are no sub-issues.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

1,053 views 7 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you