Portfolio User Story and Configuration Issues

Hello all,

I am new to JIRA Portfolio and I watch a few YouTube videos regarding the software. It seems like my JIRA Portfolio is not accurately estimating time frames. It is trying to place all of my Releases in the same Release Date which makes no sense. Also - if I add User Stories to an Epic that is tied to a Release, JIRA Portfolio is not recognizing the new stories. Is there any one-on-one training or more meaningful video I can use to help setup my JIRA Portfolio?

Please help. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Hi @Thomas Beck,

I'd suggest having a look at our on-demand Portfolio Webinar: https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/get-started-with-portfolio-for-jira

The Atlassian University also offers courses for Portfolio for Jira:

https://training.atlassian.com/instructor-led-training/planning-with-portfolio-for-jira-public-virtual

I hope that will help you get started! Don't hesitate to give us feedback on those content and the documentation.

Cheers,

Thomas

The dynamic release was not working because some issues related to the future release were already in progress. After watching the YouTube video again, I noticed the only difference was the 'Initiatives' level that was created. 

All in all, I was trying to control the release dates and times instead of letting JIRA dynamically set those times. 

Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

248 views 7 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you