Plan seems to ignore unestimated work with later fixversion

Deleted user October 6, 2017
I have an epic spanning fixversions with the latest version only containing unestimated work. I have unestimated item scheduling based on target dates. I expected in this scenario for portfolio to honour the fixversion dates, however it doesn't. Neither does it honour the target start and end dates if set. The only way I can find to get portfolio there is work in the later release and hence extend the timeline to incorporate that release is by assigning an estimate.
I must be doing something wrong or maybe there is a bug somewhere. Can anyone help?

2 answers

0 votes
Phil December 20, 2018

Hi, has this problem been solved? Thanks

0 votes
Olivier Dubois
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2017

Dear @Paul Smith,

When you have Unestimated item scheduling set to Base on target dates, an unestimated issue should be shown if it is assigned to a sprint, a release, or has target dates itself.

Try turning off Sprints in the Schedule settings (to right of the Calculate button) or have a look at the Target schedule. 

If this is not what you are looking for, please provide screenshots so we can better understand the problem. 

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
The Portfolio team

Deleted user October 22, 2017

Hi thanks for the response, and apologies maybe I was not as clear as I could have been.

My issue is purely with the end date of the epic in portfolio view. In the situation I described where there is no estimated work in the epic, however there are fixversions attached with dates against them, I would expect the epic duration to extend to the latest date of the fixversion attached to the epic.

Can you advise why this behaviour would not occur?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events