Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picky customers and the case of the issue in two releases

Juan Carlos Gil Montoro June 13, 2017

Let me tell you my use case.
We have a software base being enhanced and fixed by several teams, each with its own JIRA project and backlog. The software is used by a series of customers that may ‘cherry-pick’ what bugs/enhancements (issues) they are interested in for their own releases. This is intrinsic to the nature of the software and can't be avoided.
So assume we have two teams, Team 1 and Team 2, each with three issues in their respective backlogs (1 to 3 for Team 1 and 4 to 6 for Team B). Now assume we have two customers, A and B, and let’s say customer A is interested in issues 1, 3, 5 and 6 while customer B is dying for issues 1, 2, 4 and 5. Notice how both customers want issues 1 and 5, while other issues are requested by one customer only.
(Please see the attached image for a sketch of this example)

Portfolio case_large.png
How could we configure Portfolio so that there is a “Release for customer A” including issues 1, 3, 5 and 6 and another “Release for customer B” spanning issues 1, 2, 4 and 5, provided we can’t assign an issue to two different releases?
Ideas welcome! ^_^

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Juan Carlos Gil Montoro June 14, 2017

I found the answer myself: the sentence "provided we can’t assign an issue to two different releases" is actually FALSE, Portfolio and JIRA allows to do that.

So so far so good.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events