Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Gen mixed with Classic Project in Portfolio

Deleted user December 4, 2019

Hi,

In my cloud instance of Jira I have purchased Portfolio however I cannot access Portfolio features because all our projects are next-gen. I only want to use specific projects with Portfolio. Can I convert just these specific projects to classic then the Portfolio tab will appear or do I need to convert every project on my instance to classic?

thanks

Andrew

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, and with portfolio and next-gen as you noted are not compatible on many of the features, but you should still be able to see and use the project type in a portfolio plan, however this is not recommended and the feature set would be extremely limited as covered in the following KB:

Also the incompatibility is only at the project level, instance wide you can have a mix of both nex-gen and classic projects, with the classic projects usable by Portfolio with full functionality and next-gen with limited functionality.

Overall it sounds like there could have been an issue installing portfolio if the application is not accessible, and if this is the case I would recomend first uninstalling portfolio and re-installing to make sure everything enabled correctly, and if it is still failing, then creating a support request as https://support.atlassian.com so out support team can check the logging and get a better idea of what occure.

But if it is only the features covered in the KB above that you are missing and the portfolio application is accessible then converting the projects to classic would be the way to go, and details on converting a next-gen project to a classic project can be seen at the link below:

Let me know if you have any additional questions or need assistance greating a support request to dig in further.

Regards,
Earl

Deleted user December 9, 2019

Earl,

I appreciate the comprehensive response much appreciated. 

"Also the incompatibility is only at the project level, instance wide you can have a mix of both nex-gen and classic projects, with the classic projects usable by Portfolio with full functionality and next-gen with limited functionality."

This was exactly what I was trying to understand.

thanks for confirming

cheers

Andrew

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events