Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking custom fields to Portfolio Scheduling fields

Ernest Lee October 2, 2017

I have created custom fields - e.g. Planned Start Date and Planned End Date in JIRA epics.  How can I reuse the data entered in these custom fields for Scheduling fields.  I.e. Match "Planned Start Date" to "Target Start Date".  Is this doable/possible in Portfolio?  Not looking forward to duplicating the data in Portfolio.  Pls kindly advice.  Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Golden
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

This is not possible at this time. You can add these date fields as custom fields in the grid view for Scope, but you cannot map these as replacements for Target dates for the Gantt chart.

To take full advantage of Portfolio's features, you'll want to migrate dates to the Portfolio fields and use those going forward. Unfortunately this cannot be done in bulk without database access (there is a plugin but your mileage may vary, see comments in ticket below).

I also can't find a ticket in the Portfolio backlog for this - it's a great idea that should be contributed. There is a similar one here about surfacing the Target Dates on JIRA tickets that has some comments close to the situation you're facing: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-1818

-Jason Golden
Denver AUG Leader

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events