Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio - two different products?

Kalex1992 January 30, 2020

Hello everyone,

I want to use Jira and map key activities in a timeline. I saw some videos about Jira Portfolio having the functionalities I want.

Then I wanted to test it and created a test page at Jira. The functionalities and views there are totally different to the videos I saw. 

This is what my Jira test page looks like:

Jira_Portfolio_View1.png

This is what the videos lookes like:

Jira_Portfolio_View2.png

I tried a lot on the test page and watched a lot of youtube videos but nothing helped me find the difference. everything refers to "Jira Portfolio", but it is not the same. I would like to use the second option as shown in the videos.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards

Alex

2 answers

0 votes
joeWeiss
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2020

JIRA is offering a 'New Improved Interface".  That's the V3 version you are seeing.  I've spent some considerable time playing with both versions.  My take away is this.

- The old interface is great for looking at team capacity as it relates to delivering work.  Keep in mind that the capacity will be measured by points for scrum and by days for kanban.

- The new interface seems to be a tool to see a gantt view based upon target start and target end dates.  

I've been bouncing between both versions to ensure that team capacity is good to go and then look at how the roadmap appears based upon release date and where the work is planned to start.

Hope that helps.

-joe

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Hi @Kalex1992 ! How are you doing?

Welcome to the community!

The screen you are seeing in your tests is from the version 2 of the Portfolio app. The video shows the version 3 of it. The new version is not available for Jira Cloud customers yet (only Server and Data Center).

I undestood from this post below that, instead of upgrading Portfolio app in Jira Cloud, they have created a similar (if not better) feature in the Jira Cloud Premium offer. You should take a look at that.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Portfolio-for-Jira-articles/Introducing-a-new-planning-experience-in-Portfolio-for-Jira/ba-p/944996/page/3#M98

Hope this helps!

Kalex1992 January 30, 2020

Hi Cristianio,

thank you. I will look into that next week. 

Do you know, when the new version will be available for Jira cloud customers?

Best regards

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events