Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio and agile development

Alicia November 12, 2018

1. Why I can only see burnup report and velocity report in my report type? Where can I find the rest type?

2. My boss asked me to extract the planned schedule(timely forecast) into Excel form, but it seems I can only find the shared link

3. What is the difference between "reporter" and "Assignee", can we add more than one assignee/ reporter?

4. If my boss ask me to create a project, assign the project tasks to person A, am I the reporter? person A is the assignee, right?

5. If my boss want to observe how the project I created and how much person A had done, which place should I put my boss in? A reporter?

6. Is the reporter the project owner or admin? Can they be different?

7. It seems members can be added by admin and have the right to write and review project details, can I transfer my admin title to someone else? Or am I possible to add more than one admin?

8.  If I have a schedule, duration is from 12th Nov-12th Dec, and I take 5days annual leave from 19th Nov-23rd Nov, how can I show my planned shedule "12th Nov-19th Nov-23rd Nov-12th Dec, for duration 12/11-19/11, green color line showing fully capacity, duration 19/11-23/11, red or gray color line showing On leave, duration 23/11-12/12, green color line showing fully capacity " 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniela Akers November 20, 2018

Hi Alice,

I can help you on a few of these.

1. Go to the project and click on Reports in the left menu. (icon looks like a graph with an arrow going up) You should see a list of reports there. What you see will depend on your board type.

3. We use reporter as the person who is requesting the change, usually the product owner or a user team. The Assignee is the person who does the work to complete the story. Jira only lets you add one reporter and one assignee right now.

4. You are correct. Person A would be the assignee in that case. 

5. If your boss just wants to see how the progress is going, I would create a dashboard or show them reports. If they want updates on each issue as it progresses, but them as the reporter. The reporter gets updates via email or notifications as changes are made to the story.

Alicia Y November 20, 2018

Thanks for your help, Daniela, in this case, how can I change my project type?

It seems once I created a new project, it was automatically belongs to Software(yellow button with less than and greater than symbol) 

Daniela Akers November 21, 2018

I misspoke. The reports depend on your board type, not project type. Edited it above as well.

Do you know if you have a scrum board or kanban board? 

Alicia Y November 21, 2018

Thanks Daniela, I have both, actually I really feel confused sometime, Kanban is for long-time run(for example, one month), Scrum can be used in this kanban ruing time, but only focus on a certain time(Maybe first two weeks of this one-month project), am I right? Do you use portfolio as well? Actually I also have a lot of questions on that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events