Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Portfolio New Planning Experience Issue with Story Points Rolling up to Initiative

Nune King March 22, 2019

When I turn ON the New Planning experience for Jira Portfolio the Story points don't roll up to the initiative level, when I drill down to the epic or story level the story points are there but they simply don't roll up. I made sure all the epics had story points.

However, when I turn the new experience OFF and commence using the Classic Portfolio the story points roll up to the initiative level and everything works correctly.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what is causing this issue? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 26, 2019

Hey Nune,

The Roll-up functionality is available in the New experience but not enabled by default. It's also a fairly recent addition which requires version 2.26+ of Portfolio.

You'll be able to enable the roll-up via the view settings dropdown in the plan.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nune King March 31, 2019

Thank you for your guidance. I double checked to make sure I have Portfolio 2.26 however the functionality to enable to roll up is not available under the view settings is there anything else that I can do to get this working?

Thank you,

Nune

Nune King April 11, 2019

I'm still unable to turn on the roll-up functionality. I confirmed that we are on 2.26. According to Jira documentation I should see is the first attached picture (Jira_1). 

Jira_1.JPG

However, what I see in my version of the Portfolio is the following (Jira_2).

Jira_2.JPG

Any additional guidance will be greatly appreciated as we just installed Jira Portfolio and trying to get it set up for my teams. Thank you,

Nune

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2019

Hey @Nune King ,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier and additional apologies because it looks like I was mistaken with the release number. Roll-up values is available in 2.26 however it's hidden behind a dark feature so isn't available by default.

We actually publically released 'roll-up' values in 2.27 outside of a dark feature. 

So you have 2 options:

1. If upgrading Portfolio isn't an issue: I recommend downloading and installing our latest version (3.0 was released last week! :D )

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1212136/portfolio-for-jira/version-history

2. If upgrading Portfolio isn't so simple in your instance: You can enable the dark feature I mentioned.
    In your instance simply go to: 

YOUR_INSTANCE/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa

And input the following code into the text field:

com.atlassian.portfolio.simpleplans.rollup

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,

Like Hackey Weinberger likes this
Hackey Weinberger June 11, 2019

@Rhys Christian my company has Portfolio 2.20.

Is 'roll-up' available as a Dark Feature for this version? Our admin wants confirmation before attempting to activate. Thanks. Hackey

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events