Jira Portfolio: Issue Scheduling Problem (You need to recalculate your plan)

Oscar Sverud November 2, 2017

Hi!

I have been reviewing Portfolio for JIRA for some time and all times I have run in to a problem I have found a solution, almost always caused by myself. 

However since a few days something strange have appeared. It seems like the automatic scheduling have stopped working. In my backlog I have many issues and some of them refuses to get scheduled.

The only hint for these issues under scheduling factors are:

This issue is not appearing in the schedule. This may be because:

• You need to recalculate your plan

Recalculating the plan does not help (tried numerous times)

Any ideas?

5 answers

1 vote

It seems like when I changed changed the team issue source to the correct board most of the issues got scheduled correct.

This was not an obvious solution to me, but seems to work.

I do still have problems with some issues connected to a specific release. The issues connected to the release does not get scheduled at all, but if I remove the release tag they get scheduled as expected.

Any ideas why issues marked with a specific release would not get scheduled? 

Capture.PNG

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Oscar, 

What is the date range associated with this particular release? 

Thanks,
Bree

0 votes
Gabriel FLN February 6, 2019

Hi,

I have the same problem here. No matter what I do it's not scheduling(calculating) some sub-tasks. It works for many, but for those that it doesn't work it also doesn't schedule the Story that contains those Sub-Tasks. 

Context: my team creates sub-tasks with both: (1) Create Sub-Task or (2) Create multiple Sub-Tasks.

portfolio_subtasks_issues.PNG

0 votes
Phil December 20, 2018

Hi, has this problem been solved?

I'm suffering from the same problem.

Is it possible have an issue scheduled without assigning it to a team or release and without estimating it? Instead, just creating a SAGA and entering target start/end.

Thanks in advance

0 votes

More findings:

My plan consist of three boards, one team for each board. One of the issues I have problem scheduling only appears on one board. In portfolio the issue is assigned to one team, but does not get scheduled when I use the team filter for that team (however it appears in scope list).. but when I include another team as well the the issue get scheduled (for the correct team).

Another strange behaviour is that if I assign the issue to team 1 (correct team) and then reassign it to Team 1 and then back to Team 1 the scheduler will assign dates as they should. When I after that commit the changes to Jira, the issue looses its scheduling again.

Very frustrating.

Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

Hi Oscar, 

First of all, I'm sorry that you've been frustrated!

What do each of your board filters look like? Issues can 'disappear' from Portfolio if they no longer match the board filter that's associated with your plan, which I suspect is the issue here. 

After you commit, do you see any kind of message along the lines of 'these issues will no longer be visible in Portfolio?'

And can you confirm if you can still see the issue in the scope table, just not the schedule? Or you can't see the issue anywhere at all in Portfolio anymore?

Thanks,
Bree

0 votes

More findings:

If I add a story via portfolio, the scheduler will schedule the issue in the plan. However once the change is comitted to Jira the scheduling of the issue disappeares again. The issue is still visible in the scope, but the item disappears from the scheduled plan.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events