JIRA Portfolio - Initiative Issue Status not displaying

Hey -

I'm working with JIRA portfolio and within the backlog view there is the "Issue Status" column which displays for some issues and not others. 

image2015-7-23 8:45:46.png

We are creating Initiatives in JIRA agile and then linking them to portfolio. I really need to display the status so i can present a view to the my management team.

Do the issues need to be created in JIRA Portfolio for the Issue Status  to be displayed there?

1 answer

0 votes

Hey Eric, As long as the initiative is linked to an actual JIRA issue (of any issue type, so you can create a custom issue type called Initiative, or link it to issues of any other type), the status should show up. Does the Issue link column column show an issue key for the initiative in Portfolio? If no, it would indicate there is no link to a JIRA issue established. If yes, I'd recommend to open a support case to investigate further.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Dec 01, 2017 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira: Share your tips!

The Portfolio for Jira team wants to hear from you. Share your top tips for building a great Portfolio for Jira plan for a chance to win some Atlassian swag.  Do you structure your teams i...

539 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot