Is there a way to view JIRA Portfolio schedules with a grid for Months/Quarters etc?

Love this plugin but need a calendar view of my plan that I can use to present a simplified timeline to senior Stakeholders. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks all

1 answer

0 vote

Hi @Sam,

If you're talking about senior stakeholders, your usually talking about the Epic level, maybe even initiative level or program level (across multiple plans).

As far as I know, you cannot specify yet whether you want to look at the plan with a specific time representation in mind. But a few releases ago, a simple indication of the timeline has been added to the schedule. If you filter your schedule for a specific period, it will show you the month names at the top of the schedule (schedule itself not shown since I took the screenshot from a production example):

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.14.32.png

I applied the filtering as follows:

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.20.30.png

If you have multiple plans and create an overview of them in a program, the schedule will be shown as follows:

ProgramPage_Sample_Overview.png

Hope this helps.

Hi @Walter Buggenhout [ACA IT] thanks for that - really helpful! 

Unfortunately we're on JIRA cloud where the program feature of JIRA portfolio is currently unavailable. If you have any more thoughts on a workaround I'd love to hear them - otherwise I will continue to look for a plugin that may be able to do what I need.

Many thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Dec 01, 2017 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira: Share your tips!

The Portfolio for Jira team wants to hear from you. Share your top tips for building a great Portfolio for Jira plan for a chance to win some Atlassian swag.  Do you structure your teams i...

563 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot