Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to set up a filter to see the entire hierarchy of a certain release?

Jayme_Burkhalter February 14, 2020

I am trying to create a filter that will do the following and I want to know if it's possible:

• Pull the results of an existing saved filter
  • View the entire hierarchy of the items in that filter

Our hierarchy is such:

Portfolio Epic

• Feature Epic
    • Epic
      • Story/Task

We have created a saved filter to pull everything that is released for each monthly release.  Example: If three different teams create February releases for the February Train, we have a saved filter called "Filter = February Release" which shows all items assigned to those fix versions in one view.  I can tell the filter to show me the Epic Link and Parent Link columns, but i am wondering if there is a way to show the entire hierarchy of what got assigned the fix version.  If it is an Epic that got released, can i see the stories within it, as well as the Feature Epic it is parent-linked to and the Portfolio Epic they belong to?

If the fix version is assigned to the epic that gets released in a given train, how can I also filter for the stories that make up that Epic and its familial structure all the way to the top?

I tried adding the Issue Links column, but that only shows issues that are relating to, or blocked by, etc.  It does not represent children of the epic.  And of course, the Parent-Link column will show the items Feature Epic parent but will not go any higher to show the portfolio epic parent.

Is this possible?  Is there another way i can write the JQL to pull this information together?

Insight is appreciated, thanks!!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events