Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to move/remove an issue from a Release in Jira?

Michelle Jackson January 22, 2019

We have a release that we would like to wrap up, there are 2 issues that we have decided are not necessary for this particular release and we would like to roll them into our next release. How do we move them from one release to the next?

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Hello Michelle, 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You just need to navigate to the issue and edit the Fix Version/s field, removing the current release and adding the new one as you want.

For more information about this feature, check the documentation below:

Managing Versions

Please, let me know if it works for you.

William Burrows May 20, 2019

Good Afternoon,

The fixed version field is not editable.  even when I go to edit the issue and add all of the fields, it is not a field.  The fixed version only shows a link to the version, and wont let me remove it from an issue

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2019

Hello William,

In order to set a fix version to an issue, you must have the permission to resolve issues in the project:

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 11.16.20.png

Once you have this permission, you can drag the mouse over to the fix version field and a pencil icon will appear to edit it:

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 11.27.44.png

If it didn't work, try to use a different browser or incognito mode just to ensure you are not facing a cache problem.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events