Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to migrate Portfolio data from one Jira server to another Jira server

Tracey Koch January 22, 2020

We are working on consolidating multiple Jira server instances down to a single server instance.  We are using Configuration Manager to assist with the regular Jira data, but are looking for ideas or the best approach to move the data for the Portfolio plugin.  Do the Rest API's for Portfolio plugin provide the ability to get all of the data from those Portfolio records? I realize we will need to create scripts to pull the data from one instance and create new records in the consolidated instance and I was hoping to be able to use available Rest API's to get the data.

1 answer

0 votes
Adrian Stephen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2020

Hi @Tracey Koch 

It is not possible to only migrate Portfolio data. A full restore is required to migrate the data. 

Tracey Koch January 22, 2020

I am not looking to just migrate the Portfolio data, we are migrating all of the projects from several instances of Jira to a single consolidated instance of Jira.  We will be using Configuration Manager plugin to assist moving the projects that do not use the portfolio plugins.  For the ones that also use the portfolio plugin, we need to move not only the Jira data (plan to use configuration manager), but we need to migrate the Portfolio related data. I was hoping we can extract the data out of the one Jira instance using the API's.  Then with that data, we can "recreate" those records by using the API's to create new records and then link up with the Jira data.  I am looking for any advice if that is feasible.

Deepak Raja M September 3, 2020

@Adrian Stephen  - Even a full xml restore from one Jira to another didn't help me to get the portfolio data; Did something change with portfolio version 3.27 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events