Is it possible to add the Portfolio "Team" field to the Issue details section of a Jira Board?

I was able to expose the Portfolio "Team" field to the Issue detail page and in the card of a board. However, when I try to add this field to the Issue details section of the board, the field is not showing up in the drop down list.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Nov 24, 2017

Hello @Rodolfo Romero

What version of JIRA are you using.

As this is working for me i.e. I can add "Team" field in the "Issue Detail View" configuration section of the Board;'s configuration. And then when I click on a issue card then I see on the right hand side the detail view on the board and team field is present on the issue detail view on the board.

I am using JIRA Software - 

Hi @Tarun Sapra I'm using Jira 7.4.0. Maybe that's the problem. I will try to upgrade and see if the problem goes away.

Thanks,

Rodolfo

Hi @Rodolfo Romero - my bad, I just double checked  no it's not possible to add the "team" portfolio field to issueDetailView.  The field which I added is also called team and belongs to "tempo" timesheet.

Here's an open request for adding portfolio team field on issueDetailView.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15524 

Also an open request for Portfolio's  "parent link" field -https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15993

Thanks for the info. I have voted on both. Can you do the same for me?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Apr 04, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Factom: Portfolio for Jira case study

Recently, as part of a   series of Portfolio for Jira case studies, we spoke with Carl DiClementi, Director of Product Management at   Factom   about how he uses Portfolio for Jira. In...

270 views 5 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you