Invalid sprint

RAFT June 23, 2016

In Portfolio, what causes the error "Item ignored.  The item is assigned to an invalid sprint."?

I am getting this error and am trying to debug, but I don't know constitutes as 'invalid'.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Dan Harlacher August 26, 2016

We have the same issue. We have two teams who work out of the the same board as we often need to share tickets across tickets. We use parallel sprints so each team's sprint planning is easier. Unfortunately this means half of my combined teams work won't work in Portfolio. 

1 vote
Deleted user August 22, 2016

Same Problem here. Issue is assigned to a sprint which is associated with the team.

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2016

Hey Anton,

Do you have parallel active sprints from Agile? That can also cause this error because one of the parallel sprints will be ignored by Portfolio.

Deleted user August 23, 2016

yes, i do. But each Issue is only assigned to one of those two sprint.

The second Sprint is also from another project board.

Agile gives me the opportunity to show and work on mulitple amount of Sprints in the same Board. So why is thit a problem for portfolio?

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2016

Unfortunately we currently don't have support for Parallel sprints from the same board as this is quite tricky for Portfolio. Right now the sprint that is active parallel sprint ranked highest in the agile backlog is the "valid sprint".

We're currently developing a solution for this problem but we don't have a good answer yet. In the meantime we recommend creating separate boards for each stream of sprints. Please let me know if this doesn't work for your use case.

Also just a question regarding your use case, do you require to see both parallel sprints in your plan or would you be satisfied if you could pick one of the parallel sprints to use in your plan? (i.e this suggestion: JPO-1510)

Deleted user August 28, 2016

Doesn't Portfolio just get the information about assigned sprint from the issue itself. I mean, it's always a 1:1 relation, isn't it? i really need to see both parallel sprints, so i can see what my Team is working on.

Maybe it could help you to know the use case, so i try to explain.

We have a "team"-project in jira, which is the main backlog of team 1. Most of the time team 1 is working on items from their backlog in two week sprints. Then there is a second JIRA project, which is running one month sprints. Team 1 has to support this second project, so it has some tasks to be done every month, which are physicaly in the first project and assigned to the one montch sprint of the second project.

Maybe i could resolve this problem by creating a second Team in portfolio containing both, supporting members from team 1 and members of the second project team.

Jelena Kutlaca February 8, 2017

In our case, we have 2 separate boards for each sprint. The sprints are running in a parallel. When the backlogs from these 2 boards are added into JIRA Portfolio for a certain number of the issues we have the error. 

"Item ignored. The item is assigned to an invalid sprint."

Could you please advise about this specific case? 

Also, how does this error impacts the planning calculation as there is calculation and there is no error reported in this area? 

Many thanks in advance. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events