In portfolio I have a release showing as "overbooked" while i still have capacity available

Mathieu Lapre January 23, 2018

I am using portfolio with a kanban team.  The team contains 9 members with 40 hrs per week capacity.  I have 6 stories.  5 of them are assigned to 5 members of the team (one per person).  Portfolio therefore predicts each story will take a month to perform based on one assignee doing a story.  The capacity shows that for each week, I have 4 member of free capacity left.  My 6th story is not assigned to anyone.  This 6th story is assigned to a different release but this release as the same start date as the other release to which the other 5 stories are tagged.

In the portfolio setting, I have set the option that up to 12 people can work on a single story.  Therefore, I would expect that this 6th story that is unassigned would use up the capacity available each week and start in parallel with the 5 others.  Instead, portfolio forces it to start only once the other 5 assigned stories are done.  When I look at the capacity, it is ridiculous because I see that my team is occupied at 50% during the time the team works on the 5 assigned task.  HOw can I force parallelization of the tasks.

thanks

Mathieu

1 answer

0 votes
Cindy September 12, 2018

Do you have any dependencies?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events