In Portfolio does Plan Editor Permissions override Admin Permissions?

In Portfolio I have Admin permissions however I notice that for several plans if the Plan permissions are not setup to include me, my access is restricted to Read-only?
There appears to be no way to access the administration for these plans without expressly having been granted it by the plan creator which can become difficult if they are unavailable to do so.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Brendan,

When you say "admin" permissions are you referring to the admin permissions from JIRA itself?  If so the answer is yes:

The permissions in Portfolio for Jira take precedence over the permissions in your Jira application. This means that even if you're a project administrator in your Jira application, you'll still need specific permissions in to perform specific actions with the plans in Portfolio for Jira.

You can read more about the permissions in the Permissions in Portfolio for Jira knowledge base article.

Cheers,

Branden

I have admin privileges configured in both Jira and Portfolio but it seems I can still be locked out of individual Plans if not granted specific editor permissions for that specific plan.

In this particular instance the user who created the plan is away and we either need to wait for them to return or gain access to their specific account to update the permissions.

This seems odd to me but if its how it works currently I suppose we can look into the above workaround.

Thanks,
Brendan

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

782 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you