I don't have the option to "Import Release" inside JIRA Portfolio.

For some reason, I don't get the "Import Release" button on my screen. My project has quite a few Versions already defined. Maybe I missed a step to correlate Versions to a Release?

NoImportRelease.png

1 answer

0 votes

Hey John, this is interesting - there should not be any step you missed. Importing releases (which we use synonymously with the versions in JIRA) should work straight away after creating a plan. 

Could this be an older version of JIRA Portfolio? (release import was introduced with Portfolio 1.8), also the latest release should show the button for CSV export. You can check the version via the help menu in the blue JIRA header next to the search, in the "About JIRA" dialog there should be a section on Portfolio as well. 

If it is not an older version, I'd recommend opening a support ticket

image2015-7-28 9:35:50.png

My version is 1.7.3. I don't have the option to upgrade to 1.8. I am on a trial version at the moment so I don't know if 1.8 is available with the trial. Also, my instance of JIRA is hosted locally so I don't know if that impacts what version we get

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Dec 01, 2017 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira: Share your tips!

The Portfolio for Jira team wants to hear from you. Share your top tips for building a great Portfolio for Jira plan for a chance to win some Atlassian swag.  Do you structure your teams i...

541 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot