How to remove issue from scope

Floris Gaisser October 25, 2017

In portofolio under 'scope' one can see the issues that belong to your selected release.

On the bottom I see a list with the issues I've added in Jira to this version (in the issue 'fix version' = release)

However, I also see issues that do not belong to this release. When looking at the issue in Jira the field 'fix version' is also empty.

So how can I remove these issues from the scope? Because they are also used in the planning (calculate)

(If the question is unclear, I can add some screenshots)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

@Floris Gaisser, I believe you can either select the issue(s) or r-click them and select 'exclude from plan'. 

.pd

Ok, that indeed removes them from the plan.
Will the be able to get back into the plan/scope if they are added later to a different release?

Also, why did they show up?
I have 20 issues in this specific release, but 64 are shown. It is a bit cumbersome to check every time if there are unrelated issues in in the scope. Especially because I have multiple releases.

Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2017

Not sure specifically why they showed up but in general, they fell somewhere into the scope when you created your portfolio plan.  As far ass adding the excluded issue(s) back in, you will need to re-run the issue sources wizard;

1. Click the ... after you plan name and select configure

2. Select Issue Sources under the Source Data section

3. Click the Edit Sources button

Thank you.

Indeed in the scope, I could see that many (unrelated) issues from outside the releases were selected as within the scope. So I removed them from the scope.

Noteworthy is also that some of the issues within the versions, were not selected within the scope...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events