How do you get the portfolio team field to display in the automation section in JIRA?

I have installed Portfolio for JIRA and have set up my teams (I am predominantly using the team functionality for service desk ticket delegation and auto routing).

I have set up my queues in the service desk based on the teams tickets are allocated to and now I want to implement some automation (e.g WHEN issue is created IF matches request type A,B or C THEN set portfolio team to L1 Support).. However the team field does not appear for me to select to do so.

How can I make this field appear here in the automation section? Is there a particular screen I need to share the custom field with? The field appears on my tickets and is being utilised already it is only automation which I'm having issues with.

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Leah,

The team field can be added to any screen that populates when you go to Custom Fields and add the field to a screen per Showing Portfolio custom fields in JIRA Software. 

I do not see a way to add this field to the rule configuration screen.  In light of that I would recommend creating a Suggestion on JAC and add your use case to the notes.  This will get this issue in front of the developers and they can provide a workaround or add the functionality into JIRA. 

If you do create a JAC ticket please post the link here so the Community can vote on the JAC ticket and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

255 views 7 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you