Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view all work within Portfolio, regardless of a release/version association?

Liz Soldi September 25, 2017

Goal: Within my Portfolio Plan I want to view all items from my Issue sources (via filter, project or board) regardless of their release associations. 

What I've discovered is if I select specific releases, only work associated to those releases will be pulled and if I do the opposite and not select any releases only work without a release association will display. (The assumption was if no release was selected I would see all releases or no release association however this is not true.) I have verified that the issues are in fact pulled via the source filter. 

How do I view all work, regardless of a release/version association? 

1 answer

0 votes
Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2017

Hi @Liz Soldi,

When you deselect all releases in your filters, you should see all the work in all releases. 

Does your filter not default back to "Releases: All"? What are you seeing instead?

If you post an example of what your experiencing with screenshots, we might be able to help you further.

Cheers,
Allard

Liz Soldi September 26, 2017

Sure thing @Allard van Helbergen ,

• There are no 'committed changes' pending, so everything is up to date.
  • During setup; I have no releases selected during the source setup, if i 'Select All' then it not only excludes work unassigned to a release but it excludes work assigned to a new release not explicitly selected. 
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.53.53 AM.png

• On my board, I am viewing all releases 
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 10.56.48 AM.png

• Example, Epic CR-2587 only has three children showing
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.01.26 AM.png

• Even though in the source filter there are 14 valid & open children. (The 3 showing in portfolio do not have fix versions, the others do)
    Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 11.06.58 AM.png

Liz Soldi October 2, 2017

@Allard van Helbergen, an update on this issue? Is it a bug?

Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2017

Hi @Liz Soldi,

I think I may have found the point of confusion. Your second bullet does not match the way things work in the tool. 

• During plan creation, excluding a release will automatically exclude all issues that (already) have that release assigned. So, selecting no releases at all will only include issues into your plan that have no release set; and selecting all releases will include all issues. 
  • Any release that is newly created in Jira will automatically be included into your plan. 

Your screenshots match the behaviour in the above two bullet points.

• Issues CR-3378, CR-3450 (and I would guess CR-3287 as well, but it's cropped off the screenshot) have no release assigned at the point of plan creation.
  • Everything else has a release assigned (Vast V-something and Ad Po-something). 
  • When you create a plan and exclude all releases, all issues with a release are excluded and only issues CR-3378, CR-3450 and CR-3287 remain. 

When you create a plan, on the release screen include the releases with issues that you would like to include in your plan.

Hope that helps. 

Cheers,
Allard

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events