How do I reconcile mutually exclusive skills and maximum assignees per story?

We're a game development team, and our skills are largely exclusive, like "Design", "Engineering", "Art". Each team member has only one of those skils. Most of my stories require at least one of those skills, but to get Portfolio to assign multiple people to a story, I need to set the "Maximum assignees per story" to 3. Now, if I have a story that requires 2d Art and 3d Engineering, Portfolio will correctly assign an artist and an engineer to that story in the same sprint. That's great! But what it also will do is try to assign multiple people of the same skill; in the example above, it might try to assign one artists and two engineers, and I only want one engineer to be assigned to it. Is there a way to limit the number of assignees in the same skill to a story, but still have multiple assignees to it?

I don't see an option so I feel like this is more of a workflow thing. Is there a better setup I should consider?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted Apr 04, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Factom: Portfolio for Jira case study

Recently, as part of a   series of Portfolio for Jira case studies, we spoke with Carl DiClementi, Director of Product Management at   Factom   about how he uses Portfolio for Jira. In...

1,056 views 5 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you