Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How could I see the target dates from Portfolio in JIRA?

Kaoru Dagnino April 15, 2017

I need to know a way for adding the target (start and end) date fields of Portfolio in the JIRA issues themselves.

A manager will update those dates in Portfolio but each asignee need to see the start and end dates in the issue page.

2 answers

1 vote
Yann January 4, 2019

Hi there,

In used the Import Bulk Issue and set the Start Date, but when i look in Portfolio , it can't mapped with Target Start.

1.png

Do you have any solution?

1 vote
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

Hi Carlos,

Unfortunately you can't surface Target start and end fields in the JIRA issue screens. These fields are mostly intended to assist Portfolio users in roughly estimate and baseline the work on an issue inside Portfolio.

You can always create a suggestion in https://jira.atlassian.com and the team will consider if and when this suggestion will be prioritized.

I hope this helps,

~ edit

Since version 2.9 you can surface the target start & end dates within Jira. Read more here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/showing-portfolio-custom-fields-in-jira-857058481.html

Kaoru Dagnino April 21, 2017

Hi Roi, thank you very much for the info. Is there a way for commiting the asignee field of Portfolio in JIRA issues?

Kind regards.

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2017

Hi Carlos,

In Portfolio there is no assignee field but a "member" field. You can add it to your scope table to view it and assign a member to a task or let Portfolio automatically assign it.

The default issue level to be assigned by Portfolio is sub-task. If you wish Portfolio to assign higher level hierarchy items such as stories to a team member you can adjust it in the configure page under scheduling options.

Hope that helps,

~ edit

In Portfolio for Jira new experience the assignee field is available to view and edit. 

Kaoru Dagnino April 27, 2017

Thanks for the info Roi

Rahul Savaikar December 28, 2018

Hello @Roi Fine,

Thank you for the explanation. I have another question and some assistance required, related to the Target start and Target end fields.

I saw that these fields return a NULL value in the JIRA MySQL DB, even when there is a date value entered in the field/s.

Is there any way where we can find the values of these fields?

Regards,
Rahul Savaikar

Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
January 2, 2019

Hi @Rahul Savaikar,

The target start/end values are stored in the entity_property database table. It is a different table where other Jira custom fields values are stored.

Please let me know if that helps,

Best,

Like Rahul Savaikar likes this
Rahul Savaikar January 3, 2019

Good morning @Roi Fine,

Firstly, wish you all a very happy, healthy and a successful new year ahead!

And, yes, your answered resolved my issue :) - thank you very much.

Have a good one!

Best Regards,

Rahul Savaikar

BB8 Troopers November 5, 2019

Hi,

I am not able to find target start and end date in entity_property table. Could you please tell the correct table in which the dates are saved.

Regards,

Himanshi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events