How could I see the target dates from Portfolio in JIRA?

I need to know a way for adding the target (start and end) date fields of Portfolio in the JIRA issues themselves.

A manager will update those dates in Portfolio but each asignee need to see the start and end dates in the issue page.

1 answer

0 votes
Roi Fine Atlassian Team Apr 20, 2017

Hi Carlos,

Unfortuantly you can't surface Target start and end fields in the JIRA issue screens. These fields are mostely intended to assist Portfolio users in roughly estimate and baseline the work on an issue inside Portfolio.

You can always create a suggestion in https://jira.atlassian.com and the team will consider if and when this suggestion will be priortized.

I hope this helps,

Hi Roi, thank you very much for the info. Is there a way for commiting the asignee field of Portfolio in JIRA issues?

Kind regards.

Roi Fine Atlassian Team Apr 25, 2017

Hi Carlos,

In Portfolio there is no asignee field but a "member" field. You can add it to your scope table to view it and assign a memeber to a task or let Portfolio automaticly assign it.

The default issue level to be assigned by Portfolio is sub-task. If you wish Portfolio to assign higher level hireachy items such as stories to a team member you can adjust it in the configure page under schduling options.

Hope that helps,

Thanks for the info Roi

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

921 views 7 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you