How can I update my Portfolio plan with items in the current sprint that need to carry over?

Kevin Teich October 3, 2017

Near the end of a sprint, we find that some items didn't finish, and will need to carry over into the next sprint. It would be convenient if we could use Portfolio to incorporate those items into the plan for the next sprint, perhaps by noticing that if an item in the current sprint has a Remaining Time Estimate that is larger than the number of days left in the sprint, the carry over time should be scheduled into the next sprint, and deducted from the assignee's capacity in that sprint. Is there a way to do this? Are there other workflows for carrying over an item in the currently open sprint into the next sprint?

UPDATE: After working on this more, it's worse than I thought. Let's say we've got two days left in Sprint 10, and I'm trying to plan Sprint 11. There are Stories still open in Sprint 10. If the time estimates are greater than the time left in Sprint 10, Portfolio will not be able to schedule those items any more, and any dependencies of those items in Sprint 11 will not be schedulable. What's the correct workflow here? We don't really use time logging to update the Remaining Time Estimate, but maybe that's the key?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events