Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I not use auto-calculate in portfolio

Jeremy Burton February 3, 2020

I notice that Jira will try to fill out fields in a plan when it auto-calculates, how can I stop this from happening?

Every time it does this it gets the release field and team assignment wrong. Honestly, I am not sure why it is trying to fill these fields in for me.

How can it accurately know what release to assign to without proper context? 

1 answer

0 votes
Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello @Jeremy Burton

Can you share some more information about at what point in time the auto-filling happens? 

Jeremy Burton February 5, 2020

It happens as soon as I load up any plan; it auto-fills in fields that are blank.

Jeremy Burton February 5, 2020

I attached a screenshot of what happens. Notice the whatever it auto-fills is blue. It does not seem to commit the change, but it makes it affects the filter results.

*FYI I cut out some information that relates to my company

Only one item in the scope has "test release" selected as a value, but the filter returns everything portfolio auto-filled

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 11.57.27 AM.png

Fernando Bordallo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2020

Hello @Jeremy Burton,

From the screenshot you share everything seems correct. You have the filters at the top correctly driving the plan view:

• Test Release filter selected
    • All epics of that release visible
  • All projects
    • Epics gathered from all projects for that release
Jeremy Burton February 6, 2020

@Fernando Bordallo ,

The problem from that picture is that I did not select "Test Release" for the first epic.....in fact everything in blue is being selected by Portfolio automatically. 

You can clearly see that I only selected the release for one epic. Only one epic should have returned in the filter.

Is there a way I can turn off Portfolio auto-populating empty fields? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events