Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I filter for sub-tasks of a specific issue type?

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

I have an issue type called "Non-standard IT Enhancement Request".  I want a filter that not only returns those issue types, but related sub-tasks of that specific issue type.  How can I do this?  

This filter returns ALL sub-tasks which I don't want:

project = ITSD AND issuetype in ("Non-standard IT Enhancement Request", Sub-task)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2020

Hi Kyle,

Sadly you cannot achieve the desired search using standard features on Jira, you must go for a third-party app instead. Using i.e. JQL Booster Pack you can type the following:

Find "Non-standard IT Enhancement Request" issues within the "ITSD" project and their related subtasks, i.e.:

(project = ITSD AND type = "Non-standard IT Enhancement Request") OR issue IN subtasksOf(' project = ITSD AND type = "Non-standard IT Enhancement Request" ')

(*) Note that this is just an exaple, you must tune your query to fit your needs

Using this app you can also query other issues relations, check:

References:

Hope this helps you to create awesome queries <3

Kind regards

Pete P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2020

Excellent, thanks @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_  I will check it out.

Enrique Avila March 30, 2021

The "issue IN" didn´t work for me, but using "issueFunction IN" instead worked just fine! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events