Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter parent link

Dania Zaccara March 6, 2018

Hi all, 

for an important customer, we are configuring a solution with portfolio for jira. 

We have a hierarchy of 5 level, but this customer want to create issue from within jira. This means that when he tries to build a third level issue, he would have to choose the first level and than have within the parent link field (or a different field) the possibility to see only the second level issues linked to the first selected previously.

Is it possible in some way? 

Thank you 

1 answer

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hey Dania,
Thanks for the question. If I understand you correctly, you'd like to be able to create issues at any of the 5 hierarchy levels without first having to associating/linking it with another level. Please correct / clarify if I've misunderstood.

You can still create issues i.e at the third level via the issue type. Issue types should be associated to specific hierarchy levels in Portfolio administration i.e Initiative = Initiative issue type. So users can create issues of this type to put it in the respective level, without needing to go through the parent link.

Does this help with your issue?
Please let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Rhys | Portfolio for Jira Product Management

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events