Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature comparison of Portfolio cloud vs server

Bob Hinton October 27, 2017

The latest release of Portfolio for Jira on server doesn't appear to offer quite the same feature set as the cloud version. Is there a feature comparison matrix or document comparing the two of them anywhere ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Hi Bob,

As they are two separate platforms and developed separately they indeed do not always contain the same feature sets, as is with our other Server vs Cloud products.

My recommendation is that you review the Portfolio for Jira documentation of Server and Cloud and you will be able to get a better understanding of the differences. We unfortunately do not have a matrix that compares the two, besides our primary Atlassian Server vs Cloud comparison.

If there is a particular feature you find in Server that you would like in Cloud and vice versa, please let us know and I can let you know if we have plans to implement it or if there is a feature request for such a thing.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Bob Hinton October 27, 2017

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the clarification. 

A customer is currently evaluating Portfolio and wondered if the latest update to the server version had failed since some facilities they had seen in the cloud version hadn't appeared after the server version had been updated. 

I'll endeavour to find out what they're missing and if they feel that they need these facilities.

Kind Regards

Bob

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 27, 2017

Bob, 

Thank you for confirming that with me. You can let them know indeed some of the features will not be the same. Any that you can make note of I will find out for you the status of those or if they will not be included in server.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

0 votes
Marianne Lee _Nagarro_ February 10, 2020

Hi,

Are there any articles available for feature comparison between Portfolio server and cloud today?  I can't seem to find any and this is needed to manage the transition during our migration of Jira server to Jira Cloud.  Our users have raised questions during UAT on the differences they encountered, and couldn't find the equivalent of the functions they have been used to in Portfolio 3 on Jira server.

E.g. lack of programs in Portfolio Cloud, planning interface looks different, no drag-and-drop interactivity in the timeline/schedule/roadmap, bulk actions not available in Cloud to update issues, filter options not available, etc.

For functionalities or features not available in Portfolio Cloud, are there workarounds available? Users have been used to these features in Portfolio 3, and this seems to be a downgrade for them when we migrate Jira to cloud.

Regards,

Marianne

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 10, 2020

Hello Marianne,

Thank you for your follow-up!

According to Top 20 questions and answers about Portfolio 3.0:

What's the difference between Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 and Portfolio for Jira Cloud?

Currently, Portfolio for Jira Cloud is roughly on par with the Portfolio for Jira 2.x experience with a few minor exceptions.

As you have discovered, Portfolio for Jira Cloud is currently a downgrade from Portfolio 3.x

You can review the articles below for an idea of the other features in Portfolio for Jira 3.x that are therefore not included in Portfolio for Jira Cloud:

I understand this is really disappointing news, but have a look at Carlos' answer on the thread below, in regards to Portfolio 3.x on Cloud:

I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Marianne Lee _Nagarro_ likes this
Marianne Lee _Nagarro_ February 15, 2020

Thanks for the information you have provided, @Shannon S.  I shall look through them to come up with some communication materials to manage the transition for the end users.

Regards,
Marianne

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 17, 2020

You're welcome, Marianne. I hope that it's helpful.

Take care, and let us know if you have any follow-up questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events