Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic dates fail to recalculate when velocity is changed in portfolio.

William Cipriano January 15, 2018

I am attempting to troubleshoot a issue for someone who is more familiar with portfolio than I so please excuse me if this question is obvious but I have spent a few hours searching for this without success. 

I have a portfolio plan that contains two projects. Everything appears to have been imported correctly but when setting the release dates for versions using the "dynamic date" function briefly described here I am unable to cause any of the dates to change in a meaningful way. For example, changing the velocity of the team portfolio simply creates more sprints between the releases while retaining the same release dates. As weeks cannot be created out of thin air this isn't very useful. Is this the intended functionality of "dynamic dates" or is there some things that I can troubleshoot that would effect them?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to offer.

I am running version 7.2.4 build 72006.

1 answer

0 votes
Roi Fine
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 1, 2018

Hi William,

That's a good question. It would be great if you could attach a screen shot of the 2 situations you are describing. The dynamic date should change according to the amount of work you got planned and the team's velocity.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events