Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill down is not available for some of the epics that have stories

Darlene Strickland March 13, 2017

On JIRA Portfolio under the Epic view, the drill down is not available for some of the epics that have stories.  How do we get these enabled?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcia Carlson March 13, 2017

I generally see this issue when the stories are not included in my plan.  For example my plan is set up by linking to scrum boards, where each board is generated based on team assignment and each board represents exactly one team.  If I have an epic assigned to one of these teams, and then create a story under that epic, but don't assign it to one of the development teams for which I've pulled in their scrum board, I will see the epic in Portfolio, but not the child story.  Once I assign the story to one of the teams in my plan, I see it as soon as I refresh the screen.  I would check to make sure that you don't have any filtering turned on in Portfolio because that can play a part in what you see and what's expandable, but I would also make sure the stories meet the same criteria you used to create your Portfolio plan.  Hope this helps!

0 votes
Darlene Strickland March 13, 2017

Marcia - thanks so much for responding.  Yes, that worked.  I had the Portfolio plan created where I was pulling in some boards and others using filters.  I changed all of the filters back to Boards and now I can drill down.  thank you!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events