Does moving items on Portfolio for JIRA change the Rank value like a Scrum board does?

I was having trouble finding this, so I thought I would ask; does moving items on Portfolio for JIRA change the Rank value in the same way the Scrum board does?

1 answer

Yes, and conversely, changes on the team's board will also change the rank of tickets displayed on the Portfolio plan. However note this only applies to Epics and Standard issues (Story, Task, Bug) - for virtual hierarchy above Epic, the Rank rules inherit from the Epic and Standard issue types. Ranking something in the virtual hierarchy above Epic does not always properly update the rank of Epic and Story below it globally.

I wish there was a way to have rank fixed for a certain level in the hierarchy, but this would be very difficult to solve for.

Much, much more in this thread here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Epic-ranking-in-Portfolio-2-0/qaq-p/198306

And this ticket, which was resolved due to non-answer, but in fact the issue persists. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPOSERVER-1387

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 26, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

New Portfolio for Jira Getting Started Guide

We've just launched a brand new guide to help you get started with Portfolio for Jira.  This guide is a companion piece to our new demo. The guide walks you through use-cases, best practices an...

257 views 7 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you