Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Portfolio consider statuses mapped to Done in a Board as Done or does it use the status mapping

Brian Freund March 6, 2018

I thought I saw that Portfolio was considering an issue done if the status it is at was mapped to the last column on a board. I have mapped our deployment process statuses which aren't considered Green/Done to the last column on the board which is Done. In Portfolio they are still being scheduled as In Progress instead of Done. Yet on the Board they are considered Done.

We are using story points to estimate work and track velocity. We have deployments steps in our workflows after we want to consider our teams done with their work. We have both Scrum and Kanban teams and are pulling both into portfolio from Scrum boards so every team is using Story Points for scheduling.

My desired outcome is issues that are in the last column of a Board are displayed in Portfolio as Done. This keeps them visible in Portfolio, shows them as completed in the progress bar, and keeps them out of the scheduling calculation.

Am I missing a configuration setting or did I dream Portfolio uses the imported Board's definition for what statuses are considered Done? Is there another way for me to solve this scheduling challenge without a lot of extra work or switching to hours, or do I need to exclude the deployment statuses from my Portfolio plan? 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events