Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies Report in JIRA Portfolio not Showing Dependencies

Kevin Hamm October 11, 2017

We are currently using JIRA Portfolio and have dependencies defined in JIRA as Requires and Required by. The configuration of Portfolio has this dependency type specified.

Within Portfolio, dependencies can be added to issues and you can see the dependencies in the scope timeline and also scheduling algorithms take dependencies into consideration.

The issue is within the Reports section of Portfolio. When I navigate to the Dependencies report, nothing shows up. It only says: "We couldn't find any dependencies in your plan, based on the time it was last calculated.Last calculation: 11/Oct/17 08:19 AM". This occurs regardless of the filter set for release, hierarchy level, date range, etc.

I have gone through everything I can think of to try to resolve this issue but am lost at this point as to what can be causing the report to not produce results. Any ideas on what might be the issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Issue was resolved by removing and re-adding the Dependency link type in Portfolio Dependency settings.

Andrew Ukasick October 23, 2017

Thanks! I had the same problem and this procedure resolved the issue for me as well.

0 votes
Legna Garcia April 13, 2018

Hi folks,

Do you know if this issue is already fixed? I need to shown up dependencies configured from settings option. Portfolio is showing only "blocks" issue links.

Thanks

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2017

Hey Kevin,

The report will only display dependencies where the source is not yet resolved. For example, is DEMO-123 blocks DEMO-987, the report will only display this is DEMO-123 is still pending resolution.

Also, you will have to make sure you have calculated the changes in Portfolio by clicking "Calculate" in the scope view.

Regards

Bhushan

Thanks Bhushan, I have a very good understanding of how Portfolio works.  I actually just solved the issue. It appears to have been a bug of sorts. I removed the Dependency link type in Portfolio Dependency settings and re-added it and it fixed the problem.

Renato November 20, 2017

Unfortunately, that workaround didn't work for me. It only resolves "blocks" type of dependencies, but not others.

I've raised the issue with Atlassian, and they've confirmed that this is a Bug (JPOCLOUD-1994)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events