Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field type in Portfolio

Crystal January 9, 2020

I am configuring the custom fields for portfolio and it says our "So that" field is an unsupported type. I am wondering if this is because it's a multi-line text field (and whether these are currently supported). 

On that note as well, I am wondering where I can find an overview to all the supported types currently. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2020

Hello @Crystal ,

Currently, as you suspected, the the custom field of type "Text-field (multi-line)" is not a supported field type for Portfolio.  And there are only a limited set of fields avaliable for use in portfolio.

A list of the supported custom field types can be seen in the Portfolio custom field documentation for Cloud and Server respectively with slight differences in avaliable field types per platform:

Also we have the following Feature Requests (again cloud and server respectively) For collecting feedback and tracking interest in adding in additional custom field compatibility, please make sure to add your vote and any additional feedback you have on how this affects your workflow:

Regards,
Earl

stadlerm May 20, 2020

@Earl McCutcheon Sorry, does this mean custom field types are not supported either?

As in a "custom field type" defined by a plugin 

Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2020

Hi @stadlerm ,

As covered in the KB's above:

The following custom field types are supported:

• checkbox
  • date picker
  • user picker (single user)
  • number
  • radio button
  • label
  • single-choice select
  • multiple-choice select
  • single-line text
  • URL (read-only)

So if an app has created and is using a custom field of one of these types, then it will be avaliable and supported, but if the app is using an alternate field type then it will also be unsupported.

As an example I just installed the app Big Picture as a test because I know it includes the field "Program Increment" of type "Text Field (single line)" and it is a supported  field being this field type:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 12.07.18 PM.png

Regards,
Earl

stadlerm May 20, 2020

So custom field types created by a plugin (see https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/creating-a-custom-field-type/) would not be supported, correct? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events