It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Custom Hierarchy in JIRA Portfolio

Jenine Wech Dec 27, 2016

It appears that in a recent update, the hierarchy link between a custom level (parent to Epic) lost linkage to the child level. Can anybody tell me what might have happened? We have hundreds of issues that now need to be re-linked.

3 answers

1 vote
Ali Bagheri Jan 03, 2017

I think I am having the same issue. Any help out there?

Mahendran Feb 24, 2017

I too facing same issue, Unable to move/configure, EPIC->Story...Something was changed recently.

1 vote
Ali Bagheri Jan 04, 2017

Support came through - dead simple though not terribly intuitive:

That Story issue type that is currently on top of the Epic was manually added since you can see the "Remove" link in the "Actions" column.
To make the Story issue type below the Epic again you would need to remove the manual entry (by clicking the Remove link) and the Story issue type will be below it since it will be encompass by the "All other standard issue types" option, which is the default hierarchy as explained here Configuring initiatives and other hierarchy levels.

0 votes
Jenine Wech Jan 04, 2017

Atlassian support tracked down the problem - for the custom issue type we created, we did not need "Fix Version" - however, Portfolio requires this field on the issue. Once Fix Version was added back to the custom issue, everything worked fine once again.

Ali Bagheri Jan 04, 2017

Thanks, Jenine. I'm not actually using a custom issue type, so I was mistaken. I think my issue may not be exactly the same, but still seems somewhat related... hopefull Atlassian support can help me too!

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira 3.0 is here!

The wait is over... Portfolio for Jira Server and Data Center 3.0 is now officially here! Platform releases offer Atlassian an opportunity to shift our strategy, make bold predictions about t...

2,655 views 18 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you