Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concurrent work in a sprint

Connie Bai April 24, 2017

Could anyone let me know this? I'd very appreciate it.

Can the scheduling algorithm in JIRA Portfolio automatically schedule CONNIE-32 for Sprint 1 instead of Sprint 2 (see the attached screenshot)? When I select Calculate and calculate it, it shows Sprint 2 afterwards. I have to manually select Sprint 1 to achieve so but I want this to happen automatically.

There is no dependency set between those tickets. The priority in the backlog is as the following (top to bottom):
CONNIE-38
CONNIE-43
CONNIE-39

Please see the attached screenshots for the plan configuration and the actual plan I have. Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 2.06.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-24 at 2.36.32 PM.png

1 answer

1 vote
Bree Davies
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2017

Hi Connie, 

Was sprint 1 active when you were trying to make these changes? I ask this because Portfolio will never automatically schedule work into a sprint that is already in-flight, this always needs to be done manually if it's what you're trying to achieve. 

Also it looks like you're trying to manipulate the scheduling order of the next hierarchy down from what your plan currently shows (your schedule hierarchy is set to epic), but CONNIE-32 is a child story/task of your lowest priority epic. 

If you want CONNIE-32 to be scheduled first, then you'll need to increase the priority of this epic by moving it higher up the scope table. 

I hope I've understood and that my answers have been helpful. 

Thanks,
Bree

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events