Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change assignee in Jira but the change is not updated into Portfolio

Tuan Lam June 4, 2017

Hi all,

I'm creating a plan in portfolio and source is a board. After that i created a team (in Portfolio) with all members.

When changing assignee from Jira, click Ctrl+F5 in portfolio, changed-assignee is not update into plan.

I found similiar thing to estimation, what should i do to overcome this issue?

3 answers

0 votes
Tuan Lam June 6, 2017

It works now. I checked and found info is not updated for done-status-items. Thanks for your support

0 votes
Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Tuan,

Branden's response is accurate for Portfolio Classic plans however it sound like you're using Live plans since you mentioned you sourced a board.

To have the team member in your Live plan to update as the assignee on the JIRA issue there are a couple things to make sure:

1. In your plan config set the 'Issue assignee import level' to the relevant hierarchy level of the issue (i.e story if you're concerned about the assignee on the story).
  2. After you make an assignee change on the JIRA issue it won't update just on refresh. You'll need to explicitly re-calculate your plan for the assignee to be 'calculated' as team member.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Cheers

Rhys Christian
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017
Arpan Shah June 23, 2017

Hi Rhys,

The link above doesn't seem to be working. It gives me 503 error. Can you please help?

Thanks

Arpan

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2017

Hi Tuan,

If you did not, you will need to update the linked issues per the Importing, Syncing and Updating section of the Portfolio documentation:

Planning changes (such as assignee, release version etc.) are not automatically pushed back, but can explicitly be synced by updating the links (Plan > Update linked Issues). In this way, you can create a copy of a plan, compare different scenarios and then selectively publish back to JIRA.

If you did not, hopefully that helps.  If you did, you will want to try to reproduce the issue and review the JIRA_HOME/log/atlassian-jira.log to see what errors may have been thrown in the logs.  You can also paste the error snippet if you find one and I can see what it means.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events