Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity view discrepancies in JIRA Portfolio

lcowgill September 25, 2017

Hello! I am a new user of JIRA Portfolio, using it for just a couple of months

I have set up a few plans and noticed on one plan my capacity view is filled for a couple of sprints, however, the 'planned' number doesn't align with what is on the actual sprint board itself.

I have one question and one issue:

Question: On one of my plans Portfolio 'capacity view' says for Web Sprint 74 (which hasn't started yet) I have 173 sprint points planned (100% capacity). When I go to the board itself, the future sprint only has 107 sprint points pulled in. Why the discrepancy?

Issue: I made a plan with 2 boards, one scrum (same board from above question) and one Kanban. The capacity view on this Portfolio plan shows the capacity in days (since you can't use pts on Kanban boards), but for Sprint 74 it only shows 4% capacity...??...For the Kanban board, their capacity view has nothing showing for them for any of the weeks coming up. Is this because the teams are not tracking time in cases? Some other reason?

Many Thanks,

Lisa C.

1 answer

0 votes
Clare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2017

Hi Lisa,

To answer your first question; there may be a couple of things going on here

• You might have uncommitted changes in Portfolio that are not showing in Jira. If this is the case, make sure you've committed all of the relevant changes back to Jira.
  • When you calculated your plan, Portfolio may have noticed that your sprint had extra capacity and moved extra issues into that sprint to utilize 100% capacity. However, these additional issues won't be assigned in your sprint in Jira until you assign them yourself and commit the changes. See here for ways to assign multiple issues to a sprint.

For your second issue, your Portfolio plan is using days (instead of story points) to calculate the capacity data. To calculate your capacity data you need to ensure that your issues have a 'Remaining Estimate' set. Alternatively, you can convert your story points into time estimates. You can read more about how to do that here

I hope that helps! 

Thanks,

Portfolio Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events