Can I connect two separate plans?

Fabienne Pagnier January 20, 2020

I have created a Plan for my Project. I'd like to add a colleague's Plan for their Project in order to have the ability to view all the Plans for Projects in our team.

Is this possible without having to go to Edit Sources and recreating my colleague's Plan?

1 answer

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Hello @Fabienne Pagnier ,

There is not a way to combine the two separate plans into a single plan without modifying the plan sources.  The plan Sources are basically a filter restricting the data displayed in the plan to only the content selected in the source.

Currently there is a Feature that would help you out here but it has only been released to Server at this point and is not yet avaliable for JIra Cloud, The feature is called Programs, which is a collection of Plans grouped together for a higher level view and cross plan tracking.  Full Details on the feature for the Server Version of the application can be seen in this documentation.

We are tracking interest in this feature for Jira Cloud at the following link, noting it already has a high vote count and is flagged for future consideration, but Do make sure to add your vote as well to help influence the priority for implementation as covered in the "Implementation of New Features Policy" and add yourself as a watcher on the request to get updates on the features status:

Regards,
Earl

Fabienne Pagnier January 21, 2020

Thanks @Earl McCutcheon 

I've voted and started watching. Would really appreciate this being available in Cloud.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events