Bulk Actions Menu Missing

dmcgee January 28, 2020

I'm trying to edit multiple items at once in Portfolio, but for some reason the "Bulk Actions" Menu is missing.  I'm using Jira Cloud where I haven't found any documentation, but it exists in server versions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiraportfolioserver/editing-multiple-issues-in-bulk-967317189.html

As a work-around, I know that I can generate them and then bulk edit them in Jira, but that is inconvenient when I should be able to do it right from Portfolio.

Any idea why this is missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2020

Hello @dmcgee

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, Portfolio for Jira Cloud does not have the bulk operations implemented yet.

In fact, this functionality was not added originally for Portfolio Server too (see JPOSERVER-35), but due to the requirement for several customers, it was implemented in Jira server and our developers are currently working to implement it in Jira Cloud Application too, as you can see in the feature request below:

Bulk Actions 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

While we are still working to get it implemented on Cloud, we kindly suggest you the built-in Bulk operations of Jira to achieve your need.

Let us know if you have any questions.

dmcgee January 31, 2020

Yeah, after digging a little bit more, I found that in general, Portfolio for cloud is light years behind server.  Thankfully we'll be migrating to server in the near future and so will be able to enjoy all of the features once we've moved.

Until then, I'll just have to bulk edit using Jira.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events