Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Portfolio Team depending on BOARD Filter when creating a Story/Bug/Epic

Maximilian Leistner September 15, 2017

We manage our TEAM with Portfolio Global Teams.
Each team should have its own board within a project. 
Each board is filtered by the team ID. (for example: "project = FR AND Team = 6 ORDER BY Rank ASC")

Is there a way to auto assign the TEAM when creating a new issue if i am on the "Team 6"-Board for example DEPENDING on the board i am on? 

At the moment i can create a new issue and it gets invisble instantly because the filter does not include non Team-assigned issues. 

Thanks for help!

2 answers

0 votes
Georgii Lumpov June 7, 2019

The question is quite old but nevertheless relevant. And BTW it is not specific to Portfolio as far as I can tell.

So "Is there a way to auto assign the TEAM when creating a new issue if i am on the "Team 6"-Board for example DEPENDING on the board i am on?"

The straight answer is NO. But, you can create Project Automation and auto-assign a Team based on certain criteria (JQL-like). It will not solve the problem if you are the only person creating issues for multiple teams but for the teams themselves this could be a solution.

0 votes
Ruslan Prakapchuk
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2018

Hello Maximilian,

It is not currently possible to assign team automatically when creating an issue in Portfolio. Feel free to create an issue on https://jira.atlassian.com/ to propose this feature.

As a temporary workaround, you might try to change board filter to include issues with the board's team and issues without a team.

----

Portfolio for Jira Server team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events