Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quo vadis Portfolio for Jira

Thorsten Kamann November 22, 2019

Hello,

since Portfolio for Jira is available in version 3 I have difficulties to understand why version 3 should be better than version 2. I am missing so much features my customer needs for a serious planning:

1. No default storypoints anymore - This was a really nice feature if you have items you aren't able to estimate immediately. Or to support a no-estimation approach. Without I have problems to have a plan with unestimated items.

2. No earliest start date anymore - Sometimes I want to start with the work on a feature in some weeks, but not now. This isn't supported in Portfolio for Jira 3. If I activate auto-schedule the items starts immediately if one team available

3. Team management reduced - I cannot define team availability for persons anymore. This is really important, if you are working in scenarios an plan with the number of teams. And a team or person, eg. is available in some weeks.

How do you handle such things? What is the goal of Portfolio 3? Only looks better but has a less features?

BR

Thorsten

1 comment

Peter Backes December 12, 2019

Agreed.  I really don't understand what the thinking process was for this 'upgrade'.  Rewrite and leave numerous features out?  Is Atlassian trying to kill the product?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events